How the go!pass Program Works
As a business within the Ann Arbor Downtown Development Authority (DDA) Boundary you can offer the go!pass to your employees to help them get to and from work. The go!pass provides you and your employees with unlimited use of all TheRide fixed route buses, discounts on other commuter services, and tons of discounts to downtown stores. The go!pass can be offered to you for an extremely low price because of a generous grant from the Ann Arbor DDA.
Participation Fee (required): To participate in the go!pass program, you are required to pay an annual participation fee based on the TOTAL number of full and part-time employees on your payroll, not just those who want the pass. This includes owners and managers. The participation fee gives you access to the go!pass program, free transportation assistance for your employees, and more. As you increase employees during the year, you will be charged the difference when you get to the next fee level.
go!pass Fee (required): You can order a go!pass for all your employees or just some of your employees. By paying per pass, you have some flexibility. Each go!pass you order will be $15. The per pass fee is added to the Participation Fee to get to your total cost.
Participation Fee Rates
- 50+ employees = $100
- 21-49 employees = $50
- 1-20 employees = $20
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who at my organization can participate in the go!pass program?
Any employee of legal working age, who works 16 hours or more a week at your location in the DDA Boundaries, including owners, managers and full/part time employees. go!passes are to only be used by to the employee to get to and from work.
- Who cannot get a go!pass?
- Employees at your organization CANNOT give or sell their go!pass to anyone else. The go!pass should only be used by the employee it was given to and should NEVER be given to a spouse, friend, child or anyone except the intended employee.
- Employees who work less than 16 hours a week in the DDA Boundaries.
- Children under 16 years of age.
- Employees who work at a location that is outside of the DDA Boundaries
- Organizations outside of the DDA Boundaries
- What are my responsibilities?
Designate a go!pass Coordinator
As a go!pass participant, you MUST keep a list of go!pass numbers and the employees who have those go!passes and keep it updated. To make this easier, you'll want someone on your staff to manage and promote the go!pass program to your staff. The "go!pass Coordinator" will also be the contact person between your company and the getDowntown program. We'll even provide free training and promotional materials to help make sure your program is a success and to keep your administrative costs low.
Keep track of your go!passes
- Go!passes are a benefit you give to your employees. They are your property, just like parking passes, keys, or other items that you give to your employees while they are employed with you to get to and from work.
- Since they are your property, your Go!pass Coordinator is required to keep track of the go!pass numbers and which employees they are assigned to. The go!pass number is located in the lower left-hand side of the go!pass.
- Go!passes should not leave your company when your employee leaves. If an employee leaves, get the pass back from them so that it can be reassigned to a new employee, which saves you money. An employee should not be using a go!pass if they no longer work for you. Would you let your employee take their parking pass, keys or other items with them?
- The getDowntown Program reserves the right to TURN OFF all of your go!passes if we find that you are not keeping track of who is getting what pass or if the passes assigned to you are not being used appropriately within the DDA Boundaries.
- How do I order go!passes?
What if I hire new employees during the year?
You can get go!passes at any time for new employees by filling out the Order Additional go!pass on our web-site. The cost to add a pass for a new employee is $15.
What if an employee leaves and takes a pass with them?
If you contact us, you will be charged a $10 fee to replace the pass. We will need the number of the pass to turn off before we can get you a replacement pass. Click here for the replacement go!pass order form.
What if an employee's pass is lost or stolen?
You can fill out the Order Replacement go!passes form to get a lost, stolen pass replaced. Lost passes are $25 to replace. We will need the number of the lost or stolen pass to turn off before we can get you a replacement.
What if an employee's pass is damaged?
Damaged passes can be replaced at no charge in most cases. You can fill out the Order Replacement go!passes form to get a damaged pass replaced. We will need the damaged pass back to replace it at no charge.
- What are the go!pass dos and don'ts?
- Treat the go!pass program like your property, just like parking passes, keys, etc.
- Keep track of all of your go!pass numbers.
- Get go!passes back from employees who no longer work for you. Give those passes to new hires.
- Report lost/stolen/non-returned go!passes to 734-794-1876 or email@example.com.
- Give a go!pass to every eligible employee.
- Give your employees the paper card sleeve when you give them their pass so they can keep their pass in good working order.
- Give your employees information on go!pass discounts.
- Give the pass to anyone else other than an eligible employee. The getDowntown Program and our partners reserve the right to turn off and make invalid any go!pass we believe is being misused by an employee. If we suspect abuse, this may jeopardize the go!pass program for all your employees and we may turn off all your go!passes.
- Let your employees give their go!passes to friends or family. If we find out this is happening, we might turn off all of your go!passes.
- Keep your passes if your organization closes/moves out of downtown. Contact us at 734-794-1876 or firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.