Emergency Ride Home
What is Emergency Ride Home?
If you have a go!pass and bus, bike, or carpool to work, you can use Emergency Ride Home (ERH) to get reimbursed for a cab ride in case of an unexpected emergency.
ERH can be used for personal or family illness, bike damage, unscheduled overtime or other mandatory work-related holdover. ERH cannot be used for half-days of work for non-emergency reasons or missed trip due to non-emergency reasons.
Anyone with a go!pass can take advantage of Emergency Ride Home. With ERH, you can take a taxi-ride home in case of emergency.
Basics of the Emergency Ride Home Program
- A rider must have a go!pass and either bike, bus or carpool to work downtown on a regular basis
- A rider must make their own arrangements for a taxi-cab (Metro Cars is NOT accepted)
- Reimbursements will be made for trips from the rider's workplace to a Park & Ride lot or the commuter's residence with a 50-mile radius of downtown.
- Intermediate stops (i.e. daycare or hospital) are permitted.
- The service may be used up to 3 times a year per go!pass, but no more than twice in one month.
How to get Reimbursed for Emergency Ride Home
Fill out and return the Emergency Ride Home reimbursement form, found here. Forms can be returned by:
Mail: 328 S. Fifth Ave., Ann Arbor, MI 48104
A valid go!pass number must be included on the form. getDowntown has the right to check all go!pass numbers with your employer, and the right to refuse reimbursement.