Emergency Ride Home
What is Emergency Ride Home?
If you have a go!pass and bus, bike, or carpool to work, you can use Emergency Ride Home (ERH) to get reimbursed for a cab ride in case of an unexpected emergency.
ERH can be used for personal or family illness, bike damage, unscheduled overtime or other mandatory work-related holdover. ERH cannot be used for half-days of work for non-emergency reasons or missed trip due to non-emergency reasons.
Anyone with a go!pass can take advantage of Emergency Ride Home. With ERH, you can take a taxi-ride home in case of emergency.
Basics of the Emergency Ride Home Program
- A rider must have a go!pass and either bike, bus or carpool to work downtown on a regular basis
- A rider must make their own arrangements for a taxi-cab (Metro Cars is NOT accepted)
- Reimbursements will be made for trips from the rider's workplace to a Park & Ride lot or the commuter's residence with a 50-mile radius of downtown.
- Intermediate stops (i.e. daycare or hospital) are permitted.
- The service may be used up to 3 times a year per go!pass, but no more than twice in one month.
How to get Reimbursed for Emergency Ride Home
A valid go!pass number must be included on the form. getDowntown has the right to check all go!pass numbers with your employer, and the right to refuse reimbursement.