Using the bus can be a convenient and cost-effective way to getDowntown. Whether you live in Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti, or in another county, there's a bus service that fits your needs.
Walking to work is a great way to get fit, save money, and protect the environment. Walking allows you to arrive at work feeling refreshed and unwind slowly on the way home.
Biking is a great commuting option that provides health benefits, economic savings, and an environmentally friendly form of transportation. And to top it all off, it’s fun!
Want to get around by car, but still exploring your options? Consider carpooling, or using rideshare to getDowntown.
Mayor's Green Fair on Main Street
This annual event celebrates our community's environmental leadership as exhibited by citizens, nonprofits, government and businesses. This year's theme is “Envisioning a Sustainable Ann Arbor" and all are welcome to attend Green Fair and share your thoughts on what a sustainable Ann Arbor means to you.
The Green Fair hosts:
- Environmental nonprofit organizations, government agencies and participating businesses that support environmental and sustainability practices.
- Hands-on activities and live birds of prey demonstrations.
- Live music, preformed by The Vicissitudes.
- Exhibitors that will show off innovative energy-saving designs and actions, including displays of electric vehicles, green building materials, solar energy installations, renewable energy installations and more!
- Green transportation exhibits, sponsored by the getDowntown Program, showcasing a variety of ordinary and innovative sustainable transportation choices — featuring test rides on hybird and cargo bikes, information about the William Street bikeway, and autonomous vehicles.
- Pop-up meeting to discuss Ann Arbor's Comprehensive Transportation Plan update effort and Vision Zero goals.