Want to start biking to work? Here’s what you need to know
Published: Mon, 04/25/2016 - 11:10 AM
You are ready to start biking to work. That's great!
So now what?
This is a great time to give it a try! The Commuter Challenge is just around the corner. To learn more about the Challenge, please go to Commuteandwin.org.
Here's a basic rundown of some great resources to make it easy for you to get started:
1. Sign up for an Intro to Bike Commuting Class.
On May 3rd, we are offering both a lunch time and after work class to help you get ready to bike to work. Learn more and register here.
2. Check out our Bike Commuting Guide.
Our Guide walks you through everything you might need to know to start biking to work today! Click here to view the guide.
3. And finally, for those who just want some tips, here are some basic tips for starting to bike commute to work:
- Map your route: Determine out your route on Google Maps (click on the bike icon to check Bike Routes) or on this City of Ann Arbor Bike Map.
- Try out your route on the weekend: Give yourself peace of mind by trying your route during the weekend before you have to get to work.
- Pick the nicest, driest day to start: Make it as easy as possible by choosing the best day possible to try your bike commute.
- Still need help? You can always email email@example.com for personalized assistance.