Road Closures for Special Events
Published: Fri, 07/12/2019 - 4:10 PM
*Updated: Hoover Avenue from Greene to State Street: 9 a.m., Friday, July 12-7 p.m. Friday, July 26, 2019. Beginning Friday, July 12, eastbound traffic on Hoover Avenue between Division and State Street will be shifted to the north side of the road. Hoover Avenue will continue to be closed to through traffic between Main Street and Greene, and between Greene to the west side of Division. Hoover Avenue will also continue to be closed to westbound traffic between Division to State Street.
Traffic intending to travel eastbound on Hoover Avenue will be detoured on Main Street to Hill to Packard to State Street.
Traffic intending to travel westbound on Hoover Avenue will be detoured on State Street to Packard to Hill to Main Street.
9 a.m. Sunday, July 14-7 a.m. Wednesday, July 17, 2019 the following street will be closed for the Townie Party special event:
- North University between Fletcher and Thayer.
3-8 p.m. Monday, July 15, 2019 the following streets will be closed for the Ann Arbor Mile-Dart for Art special event:
- State Street from Hill to Washington
- Oakland from Hill to Monroe
- Monroe between State Street and Tappan
- William from Maynard to State Street
- Madison from Thompson to State Street
- Tappan from Monroe to South University
- South University from Tappan to State Street
- Liberty between Maynard and State Street
- North University between State and Thayer (duplicates closure for the Townie Party)
6 a.m. Wednesday, July 17-6 a.m. Monday, July 22, 2019 the following streets will be closed for the Ann Arbor Art Fair special event:
- Liberty from South Ashley to South State Street; Ashley Street, Fourth Avenue, Fifth Avenue and Division Street will remain open to through traffic. The Washtenaw Non-Profits will occupy Liberty Street between Fifth Avenue and 200 feet west of Division Street.
- North University from Fletcher to South State Street.
- Thayer, from North University, including the North University intersection, to East Washington.
- East Washington from South State Street to Fletcher
- South Main Street from the south side of Huron Street to the north side of William; Huron, Washington, and William Streets will remain open to traffic.
- South State Street from East Washington Street to Madison.
- South University from State to South Forest.
- East University from South University Avenue to Willard Street.
- Church from Willard to the entrance of the University of Michigan Church Street parking structure.
- Maynard from Liberty to Jefferson.
- Jefferson from Maynard to Thompson.
- William from State Street to Thompson.
- Thompson from Liberty to the parking structure entrance/exit.