3 Things To Know About ExpressRide
Published: Wed, 04/15/2015 - 12:35 PM
As we gear up for the Commuter Challenge, we're putting together a series of posts with info about your commuting options.
If you live in the Canton or Chelsea area, listen up because this ones for you.
3 Things to Know About ExpressRide
1. What it is
- ExpressRide is a commuter bus service that runs from Chelsea and from Canton. Buses pick people up from Chelsea (at the Arctic Coliseum) and Canton (at the Meijer on Ford Road) and have stops at the UM and in downtown Ann Arbor.
- There are two buses in the morning and two in the afternoon.
- If you have a go!pass or a UM MCard, you can use ExpressRide for 50% off the monthly price. Most of the people who use ExpressRide are UM and downtown Ann Arbor employees.
2. How they work
- Board the bus in Canton or Chelsea and then relax on your way to work.
- If you miss your bus because of illness or another unplanned emergency you can use Emergency Ride Home for a taxi ride home.
3. Why you should use them
- If you are currently parking downtown or at the UM and paying for parking, chances are ExpressRide would save you money.
- Also, you can get work done while on the bus.
- Finally, since you'll be with the same people most of the time, it's a nice little community where you can get to know some new people and maybe make some friends!
Want to learn more? Check out the ExpressRide section of TheRide's website